Readers from Essence Magazine have voted for Janet as the the first ever recipient of the Entertainer of the Year Award. Janet's long-time producers Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis will also be honored at the ceremony, scheduled to film on May 31st in Los Angeles.
Janet, sporting darker hair and a new belly button piercing, paid special tribute to Aerosmith last night when she gave the opening speech at MTV's second mtvICON ceremony. Janet was crowned last year as MTV's first ever "icon". Aerosmith's ceremony will air on Wednesday, April 17th, at 9:00 P.M. EST on MTV.
Janet will be fighting Faith Hill in an upcoming episode of MTV's claymation wrestling show "Celebrity Deathmatch". This episode will air on April 18th at 10:30 P.M. and again on April 19th at 12:00 A.M.
The Smoking Gun, a website owned by Court TV and dedicated to obtaining official documents, has released a copy of Janet's 1993/94 "janet. world tour" contract as well as the 2001 "All For You Tour" contract.
Janet, along with several other celebrities, signed a PETA petition urging South Korean Prime Minister Kim Dae-Jung to prohibit the eating of cats and dogs, according to MTV.
The animal-rights organization is attempting to ensure that what are common household pets receive full protection from intentional cruelty and torture by "beating, hanging, electrocution, burning and boiling alive."
Janet has received a total of five nominations at the 11th Annual Music Video Production Association Awards. The MVPA Award Show is the only awards forum within the industry of music video production that recognizes the technical and creative artisans of the industry. The awards will be held on May 22nd in Hollywood.
Best R&B Video:
- Alicia Keys, "Fallin'"
- Artists Against AIDS, "What's Going On"
- India.Arie, "Video"
- Janet Jackson, "Someone To Call My Lover"
- Mary J. Blige, "No More Drama"
- Bad Religion, "Sorrow" (Joseph Labisi)
- Elton John, "This Train Don't Stop Here No More" (Pierre Rouger)
- Janet Jackson f/ Missy Elliot, "Son Of A Gun" (Thomas Kloss)
- Matchbox 20, "Mad Season" (Matty Libatique)
- Mick Jagger, "God Gave Me Everything I Want" (Jeff Cutter)
- Janet Jackson, "All For You" (Shawnette Heard, Marty Kudelka, Roger Lee)
- Kylie Monogue, "Can't Get You Out Of My Head" (Michael Rooney)
- Macy Gray, "Sexual Revolution" (Fatima Robinson)
- Missy Elliot, "Get Ur Freak On" (Hi-Hat)
- *N Sync, "Pop" (Wade Robson)
- Alicia Keys, "Fallin'" (Alise Lissimore)
- Blink 182, "First Date" (Trudy Edgerton Ball)
- Elton John, "This Train Don't Stop Here Anymore" (Barbara Lorenz)
- Janet Jackson, "Someone To Call My Lover" (Janet Zeitoun-Carter)
- Willa Ford, "Did Ya Understand That" (Adir Abergai)
- Aerosmith, "Sunshine" (Melissa Rogers)
- Alien Ant Farm, "Movies" (Jeff Judd)
- Britney Spears, "I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman" (Fran Cooper)
- Elton John, "This Train Don't Stop Here Anymore" (Sharon Gault)
- Janet Jackson f/ Missy Elliot, "Son Of A Gun" (Fran Cooper, Billy B)